Close To My Heart (CTMH) Scrapbooking and Stamping Products with CTMH consultant Lura Wagner.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cookies and Family Ties

I love to bake. I love to do all kinds of papercrafts. So...why not combine the two? I did just that by baking my favorite recipe, Sweet Sugar Belle's Orange Gingerbread cookie recipe and stamping with a brand new set of one of the cute "Family Ties" set of My Acrylix Stamp sets. I love this set of stamps. I have all three...the Adults, Children and Pets. They are stick figures and can be used for the cutest cards or scrapbook pages! Here's what the Adults Set (C1346) looks like. SUPER CUTE!

As a matter of fact, I love all the My Acrylix Stamp Sets!  They’re easy to use, simple to store (I love the snaped permanent container they come in), and most importantly, offer creative control and artistic precision every time you use them. Check out all our wonderful sets of stamps.

I told you I combined my baking and stamping and here's what I came up with.


I used Sweet Sugar Belles's Orange Gingerbread recipe. It is the BEST, in my opinion. I like the hint of orange. I then used her recipe to flood the cookies. Let the icing set and firm up for 12 hours before stamping. Next I dug out my stamp pad I use ONLY for stamping cookies!  I purchased the stamp pad here, filled it with black food coloring that can be purchased at any craft, baking store or website, then used my BRAND NEW stamp set (purchased for just this purpose) and block to stamp the cookies. I know the stamps are not advertised or even suggested to be food safe in any way, but I figure they are brand new and will never be used for my papercrafts ( I have a set for that use). I also put food products in many other plastic and acrylic containers, sit food on plastic surfaces and I haven't crooked yet.
  • Spread a thick layer of the food coloring on the new pad
  • Fill the stamp with the food coloring
  • Place the stamp where you want the image to be on the cookie's icing. Gently rock the stamp to make sure all surfaces of the stamp connect with the cookie's icing (the icing is not even)
  • Pull straight up with the stamp from the cookie when stamping is finished.    Voila! Cute Cookies!
Made with ,